Inspiring self-esteem quotes to boost your self-worth. The most important relationship you will ever have in your life is the one you have with yourself. This being said it is the one you learned the least about while you were growing up. You were taught to be kind to your siblings, parents, family, friends, even strangers but there wasn’t a lot of emphasis on yourself.
You may have been taught from an early age that focusing on yourself was selfish, but that is incorrect, it is self-love. Your self-esteem is made up of your thoughts, feelings and opinions of yourself and reflects your own worth. It also affects your judgment and attitude toward yourself. This intern affects how you see the world.
The best advice I was ever given was from my grandma, she said “take care of your mothers’ daughter”. I’d like to give you that gift here now.
Change the inner world and watch the outer world provide. If you want to improve your relationships with those around you, start with your own. You need to boost your self-esteem so you can see the beauty within, then you will be able to see it in others.
There are many different ways you can boost your self-esteem but I hope these 20 inspiring quotes will help you along your journey to get there:
1.Think kind thoughts of yourself and others. As individuals think and believe, so they are.
“Every person is the creation of himself, the image of his own thinking and believing. As individuals think and believe, so they are.” – Claude M. Bristol
2. Your thoughts become your destiny.
“We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far. “ – Swami Vivekananda
3. You are not your behaviors. Let go of what once was and begin living in this moment now.
“You are not your mistakes; they are what you did,not who you are.” – Lisa Lieberman-Wang
4. Make yourself a priority. It is not being selfish, it is self-love. Once you love yourself more everything will change.
“Be everything to you, not everything to everybody” – Lisa Lieberman-Wang
5. Accept yourself for who you are. You are one of a kind.
“One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.” – Shiela Murray Bethel
6. Stop criticizing yourself. Treat yourself like a stranger if you are nicer to strangers.
“Accept yourself as you are right now.” – Lisa Lieberman-Wang
7. Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you are responsible for that. If you don’t do that for yourself, then no one will. Love YOURSELF more.
“Start loving yourself and everything else will come.”
8. Accept yourself as you are right now. Welcome imperfections by focusing on what you have gained from the process of doing the best you can.
“Avoid focusing on what you cannot do. Instead, focus on what you can do and accomplish without expecting approval and recognition from others.”
9. To establish true self-esteem, we must learn to find what is good about things versus what is not. The Law of Attraction states that whatever you focus on, think about, and talk about most of the time is going to attract more in your life. Focus on your dreams and success!
“To establish true self-esteem, we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.” Denis Waitley
10. You are stronger than you think, more beautiful than you know, smarter than you ever imagined!
“A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
11. You are one of a kind. You were born perfect and nothing changed from that moment in time.
“No matter what you look like or think you look like you’re special and loved and perfect just the way you are.” – Ariel Winter
12. A strong independent woman doesn’t need someone to make her feel happy. She doesn’t need assurance from anybody else. She knows she is beautiful inside and out. Raise your self-esteem and boost your confidence.
“Be that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst, be that fearless girl, the one who would dare to do anything, be that independent girl who didn’t need a man; be that girl who never backed down.” – Taylor Swift
13. Don’t rely on someone or something for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. Accept who you are completely.
“I am a strong woman with or without this person, with or without this job, and with or without these tight pants.” – Queen Latifah
14. Take it easy, breathe, be nice to yourself. Your actions depend on it.
“When we are stressed we tend to do stupid things to ourselves.” – Lisa Lieberman-Wang
15. Even the strongest woman you know needs help at some point. Strong women are brave enough to admit that they need help. It’s never a lost to ask for help sometimes.
“She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.” – Ariana Dancu
16. A strong woman knows when to ask for help. Her self-esteem is high and she knows she is worthy.
“Be strong enough to stand alone, smart enough to know when you need help, and brave enough to ask it.” – Ziad K. Abedelnour
17. Build your self-esteem and watch the world around you flourish.
“A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.” – Ellen Barrier
18. Know your self-worth. Raise your self-esteem. Know you are worthy and deserving of greatness. Things aren’t always perfect, but always continue to move forward and stand tall.
“Strong women don’t play victim, don’t make themselves look pitiful, & don’t point fingers. They stand & they deal.” – Mandy Hale
19. You have a special gift unique to only you. Find it and share it with the world.
“We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
20. Mistakes are feedback letting us know there are different ways to do something. Make tons of mistakes and teach others what you learned.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Remember to F.L.Y.- First Love Yourself! Continue to inspire yourself and grow and watch your self-esteem flourish with you. Share with your friends and watch the world become a better place, one person at a time.
If you’re searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) … look no further! We we’ve got you covered. Check out our inspirational quotes on love, quotes for women, quotes to inspire, quotes for work, life quotes, famous quotes, and more.
If we can help you on your journey, reach out to us. We are here to serve you.