If appears as if there are certain times of year that this can be more challenging than others. The holidays, family reunions, gatherings or even when you find yourself alone can bring up negative self-talk when you least expect it. Fortunately, negative self-talk often has very little basis in reality.
Does life seem to be a struggle for you? Do you feel overwhelmed and frustrated much of the time? Do you wish you could experience something better? Fortunately, you can enjoy the exciting life you deserve and desire.
It all begins with discovering your self-worth despite what life brings you
Success is available to you despite any challenging circumstances you may have experienced in the past. It’s important to remember, also, that your self-worth is not defined by your circumstances.
What holds you back? Take some time today to question the beliefs you hold that limit your potential. BeLIEfs are the LIES you tell yourself after all. None can be proven but if we hold on to them long enough, we will beLIEve they are true.
If you look at a challenging circumstance as a steal trap you can never get out of, you need a fresh perspective. Within you is everything you need to overcome and thrive not just survive. The more you question the validity of your limiting beLIEfs, the more success you’ll experience in your life.
Think of a circumstance in your life that you believe is preventing you from something you want. Write it down, then get ready to challenge that limiting beLIEf. If you do, you’ll begin to move toward the success you deserve.
Use these strategies to maintain a positive self-worth, regardless of your circumstances:
- Find the cause. What is the cause of the circumstance in your life? You are not doing this to blame or create shame for yourself or anyone else but just to understand what and where it originated so you can put it into the proper perspective. Sometimes, limiting beliefs can serve as warning signs that help you avoid danger. What can you learn from this, so you avoid triggering a similar situation in the future?
- If the cause of your situation is unclear, ask friends and family for their input. Others see your life from a different perspective, and their input can be valuable in determining the root of your challenge and offer solutions you may not have seen before.
- Get past the blame game. You can often be your own worst critic. Fortunately, negative self-talk often has very little basis in reality. Choose to replace the doubts of your inner critic with more fulfilling and positive thinking.
- Once a negative thought has taught you its intended lesson, it has served its purpose. If you choose to hold onto those negative thoughts, they will begin to form a negative self-image in your mind. This unbalanced and unrealistic view of your talents and strengths holds you back from the person you desire to be.
- Instead of dwelling on negative thoughts about your circumstances, learn the lesson and resolve to move on. Find out what you can do differently to avoid a repeat of your present situation. Then, when negative thoughts enter your mind, choose to replace your self-talk with productive thoughts instead. Say, “Cancel” the next time something shows up that doesn’t serve you. Or jump up if you’re seated and say, “Who said that?” and point to the chair while laughing our way out of it. Change your thoughts, change your life.
- Be nice to yourself. Recognize that you’re human. Everyone makes mistakes, but your attitude determines your altitude in life. You are valuable amazing human being regardless of your present situation. You are worthwhile even when you slip up or falter. Your circumstances simply provide feedback and an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Make the most of it. When you recognize that you’re valuable despite your circumstances, you’ll begin to make the most of every opportunity. Challenges become stepping stones to the success, simply by changing what you focus on.
- Instead of feeling helpless, ask yourself: “What’s great about this?” Every situation provides something of value if you look for it.
- Ask for help. Loved ones and friends often see strengths in you that go without notice. Ask them what they believe your greatest gifts. This is where your self-worth is found. Everyone has something of value to contribute.
- Once you recognize your unique talents, gifts, and abilities, you’ll see life in a whole new way. You’ll seek opportunities to use your talents to bless others. You’ll gain confidence that comes from conquering challenges that once made you cringe.
- Instead of allowing your circumstances to dictate who you are, you’ll make the rules!
- Live one day at a time. Despite your best efforts, some days simply provide one frustration after another. When this happens, you have a choice. You can let your circumstances defeat you, or you can choose a more positive perspective.
Instead of dwelling on negative self-talk about your circumstances, learn the lesson and decide to move on now. The more you question the validity of your negative self talk the easier it will be to eliminate them once and for all.
Resolve today to find your strengths, learn from your difficult circumstances, and experience the joy you were created to experience. Instead of tying your self-worth to your circumstances, choose to see things as they really are. You were created with unique talents and gifts. When you find those gifts within yourself and put them to use, you’ll know how valuable you truly are.
If you still want help improving your self-worth and finding your happiness, we can help you. You can reach us here.