Friendship is one gift that will keep on giving. Inspirational friendship quotes will brighten your day and remind you of the greatest treasure you own, each other. Over time we learn that isn’t your possessions that fill you, but the relationships you have made over the years. Your heart can sing with the right friends and can break as well but here are some inspirational friendship quotes to help you in any stage of your life.
1. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
2. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
3. “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest, it’s about who walked into your life, said “I’m here for you,” and PROVED it.”
4. “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” — WaqarWaqar Ahmed
5. “A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation or being together. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends never part.”
6. “If you wanna find out who’s a true friend, screw up or go through a challenging time … then see who sticks around.” — Karen Salmonsohn
7. “A true friend is someone who will always love you — the imperfect, the confused, the wrong you — because that is what people are supposed to do.”
8. “One of the things you can give and will not cost you any money is friendship.” Catherine Pulsifer
9. “Never take friendship for granted, you never know what tomorrow holds.”
10. “True friendship isn’t about being there when it’s convenient; it’s about being there when it’s not.”
11. “Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life. Many might have failed beneath the bitterness of their trial had they not found a friend.”
12. “Friendship is the perfection of love and superior to love. It is love purified, exalted, proved by experience and a consent of minds.” – Samuel Richardson
13. “Sometimes the measure of friendship isn’t your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes.”
14. “It is only the great-hearted who can be true friends; the mean and the cowardly can never know what true friendship is.” – Charles Kinsley
15. “Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy, and dividing our grief.”
16. “Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another.”
17. “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” — Euripides
18. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.”
19. “Friends find the sweetest sense of happiness comes from simply being together.”
20. “Friendship is a living thing that lasts only as it is nourished with kindness, sympathy, and understanding.”– Mary Lou Retton
21. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “If you are going to gain anything in life, gain a friend, they will always be there, and that makes all the difference in the world.”
23. “Where there are friends, there is wealth.”
24. “Friendship is a tree to take shelter from the storm, to find shade from the blazing sun, to climb its branches to get a better view, and to swing from when we’re happy”
25. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
If any of the inspirational friendship quotes hit home for you come back regularly for a good dose of more to make your day even brighter.
Looking for more inspirational quotes to fill you up? Check out our inspirational quotes on love, quotes for women, quotes to inspire, quotes for work, life quotes, famous quotes, and more.
If we can help you on your journey, reach out to us. We are here to serve you.